Thursday, January 23, 2014

Feeling Real.

This journey of publishing my book is becoming so very real, friends!

Saturday I ordered the proof of my book and it came today! There was a whole lot of squealing and happiness going on in our house this afternoon.


Here it is! The proof of "For I Know the Plans...".

So what's next? Honestly, this is the first time I've done this, so I'm not really sure! I'll be reading it to make sure there's not anything major I want to change before publishing and making and changes to the format/cover.

As I drove to run errands this afternoon, I was sitting at a stoplight and I thought, I haven't even taken time to thank Him. 

The sun was setting before me and I prayed out loud in my little red car, "Lord, thank you for what YOU have done, for this gift you have given me and all the things you are going to do through me and in me."

Clouds dotted the sky like cotton balls and I smiled from ear to ear.

What a day this has been, I thought, what a grand day. 

When I texted a friend a picture of the book, she replied, "What does it feel like? You know, to have your book in print?"

And all I could think to respond was, "It feels like I'm dreaming."

Today that's what it feels like.

It feels like I'm dreaming a beautiful dream, and I don't ever want to wake up.

Psalm 52: 8-9
"I trust in the steadfast love of God
    forever and ever.
I will thank you forever,
    because you have done it."

Today I'm thankful for all He's doing and all He will do in the days to come.

~Bailey


No comments:

Post a Comment