Thursday, February 20, 2014

Of Stress and His Presence.

Long story short: it had been a long day.

Late for an appointment. Find out it had been cancelled. They see me anyway. Brother is sick. Car troubles. Chemistry and math left to do and it's after four o'clock.

At that point, I was still reminding myself to breathe. 

I hugged a friend at church, "It's been a long day," I said to her and began my story. She listened and we laughed at the mishaps.

We sat down for the announcements before singing began and my soul was uneasy. It had been a crazy day to say the least.

We began to sing. One of my dearest friends led from the keyboard. And I breathed in His grace as I stood worshipping.

Within seconds, I felt Him saying, "I'm here, dear child. You have no need to worry." I smiled and sang to this Jesus who promises rest after the craziest days.

With hands raised and voice praising Him, I remembered what my Bible study had talked about just that morning.

The Ark of the Covenant was made so the Lord could dwell in and among His people as they traveled throughout the desert. The Lord made the ultimate sacrifice so that He could dwell within us, day after day.

I then realized I didn't have to stand at church to feel His peace and Presence. His peace and presence are with me every moment of every day.

What a beautiful gift. What a beautiful Jesus.

As I write this, the sun is shining and the clouds dot the sky like stretched out cotton balls and I smile. Last week it was snowing and cold. This week it's 60 degrees and I wouldn't have it any other way.

He is near, friends. And He wants us to enjoy the things around us that show us His glory and majesty so clearly.

The sun and the warmth remind me of His mercy and grace.

The clouds remind me that He is always near, even in the hard days- like yesterday.


And together I'm reminded of what a glorious, gift-giving Jesus I serve. The Jesus that allows us to be in His Presence day in and day out.

These lyrics are the same ones I sang last night as a cry to Jesus. Read them and rest in His Presence.

"There's nothing worth more
That will ever come close
Nothing can compare
You're our Living Hope
Your Presence

I've tasted and seen
Of the sweetest of loves
Where my heart becomes free
And my shame is undone

Your presence Lord...
Your glory God is what our hearts long for
To be overcome by Your presence Lord..."

{Lyrics from "Holy Sprit" by Jesus Culture.}

For He is our living Hope. He is the sweetest Love. His glory is what we long for.

Don't let the stress of the day get in the way. Rest in His Presence.

~Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment