Thursday, February 6, 2014

Celebrate. And Live.

Today you are 22. And as Dr. Seuss would say, "Today you are you-er than you!"

If you were here I'd have sent you a tender birthday card to add to the pile of letters we had sent over the past two years.

If you were here I'd call and we'd sing "22" at the top of our lungs, laughing at the end.

If you were here we'd have sent you a birthday in a box like we did your sophomore year.

If you were here...

But you're not.

And today that hits like a brick.


Today on your birthday I wish you were here.

I wish you were here so we could laugh about the craziness that is my life. 

I wish you were here so we could text all the time.

I wish you were here so we could send letters and have our special days.

I wish you were here so you could see my book published. 

But you're not. 

Today you wouldn't want me to be sad.

You would want me to live abundantly for Him.

So that's exactly what I'm going to do.

I'm going let today bring healing.

I'm going to let our Savior refresh me in His grace, step by step.

And I'm going to celebrate you by LIVING.


I miss you. A lot.

Happy 22nd birthday, Paige Elizabeth.

I love you, dear friend.

~Bailey Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment