Thursday, January 1, 2015

Top 12 of 2014

Wow. It's always so crazy how every year seems to go by so much faster than the one before. It absolutely blows my mind that it's January 1st of 2015. 

This year I graduate high school. This year I'll go to college. This year we're going to Disney World (in 3 days, but who's counting?). This year I go to Passion. 

But as I got ready for bed last night, all I could think about was how incredibly thankful I am for all that 2014 held. 

Yes, it was hard. Believe me, mono was NOT fun. 

But my Jesus held me and He took care of me and showed me that I always, always, always need Him and His never ending, unstoppable, always reaching out for me love. 

Last year I did a top ten of 2013 post and I figured I'd do it again. Except this year I couldn't narrow it down to just ten. 

So here's the top 12 of 2014. {Warning: picture overload.}

12. Braces came off!

11. Trent and Sydney
Throughout 2014 my entire family grew so close to Trent and Syd and it was amazing. Now they're in Brazil and I miss them like crazy. 




10. Praise band has been such a gift this year. We've had multiple youth Sundays and they are my favorite. I love leading alongside these talented musicians. 

 This was at our night of worship in December. It was magical.


9. 17th birthday and Summer With the Arts. 

Shortly after being diagnosed with mono we had our yearly music and arts camp. It was also the week of my birthday. I spent about half of the week sleeping, BUT God continued to heal me and I had a great birthday celebration. 








8. Hilton Head!

We try to take a yearly trip as a family to Hilton Head. We got to go for almost two weeks this year. GLORIOUS.





7. Student Life at Myrtle Beach.

What a week. Got to room with three of my best friends, got to worship with the majority of my youth group. God was there. (And I had mono but I didn't know it yet. That was fun. NOT.)





6. CHRISTMAS! 

Ah. This Christmas was like a breath of beautiful, fresh air. I don't think I've ever been so Christ focused around Christmas and it was probably my favorite Christmas yet. 

And a trip to Disney was included so that was amazing. 

 We had a little craft day with some of the girls from church!

At the Christmas Eve service.



5. Kari Jobe in Atlanta. 

I don't even have words. It was one of my all time favorite weekends. So thankful. 


 


Selfies for days. 

4. Amanda and Nick

Back in October my favorite big sister and brother-in-law came in town from CA and spent a couple of days with us. We made some amazing memories and I got to spend so much time with both of my nieces. 


They're the cutest. But I'm only a little biased.





3. Kids at Church. 

This year the Lord has given me so many opportunities to pour into the lives of the children at church and I have never been happier to do anything (except maybe to write).






2. I got so much closer to my friends this year. They're the ones that I know I will share the rest of my life with. We've rejoiced together and been sad together. I'm so incredibly thankful to have such an amazing group of godly women to share life with.










1. And then I wrote a book. 

And it got published. 

And aside from my relationship with Jesus Christ, and my family and friends, I've never been more thankful for anything in my entire life.

He has redeemed me and given me this gift.

It has been the most rewarding journey.




 Book signing a couple of weeks ago.

Newspaper article!

My book wall.

Thank you to each of you who have been such a big part of my life in the last year.

You've encouraged me in this journey of publishing a book and writing another. I can't tell you enough how thankful I am for you and your support, prayers, and love.

But most of all, at the end of every day, I'm so thankful for my Jesus. I'm so grateful that He's given me today and that He made 2014 such a beautiful year.

He is faithful. He keeps His promises.

And I cannot wait to see what He has planned for 2015.

~Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment