Tuesday, April 15, 2014

For YOU I prayed.

Yesterday you turned SIX years old!

My goodness, I don't know where the time has gone.

It seems like yesterday we saw your picture for the very first time.

From that moment on I loved you. God picked you just for us.

Our Sonia Grace was perfect.

We were giddy and showed everyone your sweet picture.

Oh, what a journey we were in for!

What a beautiful journey.

Last fall you started kindergarten and, though we're homeschooled, I don't think it's been quite the fun time you thought it would be. 

You love to go to the "Candy Bank" (Old fashioned candy store) and get treats. You have quite the sweet tooth and are always sneaking mom's gum from her purse. 

You love whatever sissy(me!) loves. You hang out with me and my friends when they come hang out and Emmy is your "best friend." 


Most of all, you are so very joyful. And you talk about God and Jesus often.

Your prayers at dinner are the sweetest.

And as I write this post, I'm holding back tears. 

Because I don't know that I'll ever love anyone like I love you. I can't bear the thought of having to leave one day- leave and live somewhere without you.

My prayers began for you- yes, you, Sonia Grace- when I was just four years old. That's twelve years ago. 

At age twelve, I met you. 

The little girl I had prayed for.

You are the best little sister.

1 Samuel 1:27, "For this child I prayed..."

For you I prayed.

For you I will always pray.

I will pray you follow in the Lord's will for your life and trust him with every detail.

I will pray you love Him more than anything.

I will pray for your future husband.

I will pray for your friendships and your struggles.

I will fight for you.

I will love you. 

Because God gave me you.


And I couldn't be more grateful that you're my little sister.

Love, 
Sissy


No comments:

Post a Comment