Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Happy Waiting.

Oh my friends! I could cry happy tears.

This last month, especially these past couple of weeks have been really hard. I've had to lean on the Lord more than ever. He has taught me how to rest. And He has shown me that I always need Him.

Anyway...onto today's events! My God is SO good!

On Friday I ordered the very last proof of my very first book (friends, I'm SO excited)! This happened today and I just have to share it with you.

Earlier this afternoon I was visiting with my bestie, catching up on life because we hadn't seen each other in FOREVER. I was sitting on her couch and I said, "If the proof of my book isn't there when I get home I might hurt someone."

*While I made this threat, this would most likely not happen.*

I got in the van with my mom and sister ten minutes later and we drove home. As we approached the house, I scanned the front porch for the box from CreateSpace. It wasn't there.

Guys. I paid TWELVE DOLLARS for shipping so it would be here today. And it wasn't on the porch.

"Mom, seriously? This is ridiculous." I slammed the car door and walked inside, trying to ignore the headache that was coming back.

"Maybe the boys brought it inside for you," my mom said hopefully.

I turned the corner into the kitchen and there on the kitchen counter was the little brown box I had been patiently anticipating since Friday.

"IT CAME!!!" I shouted, and then continued, "Mom, please don't video me this time."

She laughed and consented.

I grabbed a pair of scissors from the pencil drawer and carefully cut open the box.

My insides were a mix of nerves and excitement.

As I tore away the packing I saw the new and improved cover and my heart swelled.

It's perfect. No. It's beyond perfect. It's better than anything I could have ever wanted for my own book. And I love it. 

I had a goofy grin on my face as I flipped through the beautiful cream pages and smelled them(because what else do you do with your own book?).

I looked at the words I have spent three years writing and rewriting and editing and I was like a proud mama.

And my friends, I cannot wait for you to read it and hopefully fall in love with these characters just like I have.

Now I know you're probably dying to see the new cover.

But. Good things come to those who wait.

So you'll have to wait until August 9th to see the official cover of "For I Know the Plans."

Yes, it's a secret. It's one I'm very excited to keep.

For now I'll leave you with this.

Isn't it lovely?

God has given me so much to be thankful for.

Happy waiting!

~Bailey

Ephesians 3:20-21

"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment