Monday, July 28, 2014

Redeemer.

You've probably seen it on Facebook or Instagram by now...

Yes, it's true.

I'm officially published!

For I Know the Plans is available on Amazon in paperback form and Kindle edition.

It was a bittersweet day, July 24th, 2014.

As I approved my very last proof copy online, my dad was sitting beside me entering all of the technical information so that it could be sold and I would receive royalties.

"It seems very appropriate that your book is being published on July 24th."

Tears brimmed and I clicked, Okay. My book was published. Just like that. I was a published author. A smile quickly spread across my face.

For those of you who don't know, two years ago on July 24th, 2012 we lost a dear friend completely unexpectedly. She didn't wake up and we didn't get to say goodbye.

She was my closest spiritual mentor, and though she was five years older than me, she was one of my very best friends.

This book is dedicated to her. It is dedicated to not only the impact she made on my life, but to the impact she made on the lives of the other children at our church as well. Because our Paige Elizabeth will never be forgotten.

So on Amazon it says, "Paperback, July 24, 2014."

And I am still in awe of how my Jesus has redeemed this date.

As we approached the 24th of July this year, the knot of dread in my stomach only grew. I dreaded the grief that I knew would come. I dreaded the memories and the fact that I would have to acknowledge another year's passing without her. I talked about all of this with my mom and my friend, Courtney.

But it didn't take away the raw hurt.

I woke up on the 24th, tired as usual (still recovering from mono) and pushed through a headache that was slowly coming on. I had to get to Summer With the Arts. I needed to love on those kids.

I got to church and I was filled with this joy that only the Lord could bring. All day I played with the kids. When I returned home that night I was quite exhausted but could think about only one thing: I've got to get the books ordered for my party. 

So my dad sat down with me and made it happen.

That's when it clicked, "Today's the 24th."

And I sat in awe of what God had done.

He had it planned to redeem the 24th for me all this time.

I used my gift in order to glorify my God. I dedicated this book to her long before I even started this crazy publishing process, long before this summer got crazy. I believed my God had big things in store.

Little did I know He had the 24th in mind.

But I am so thankful that He did.

While it still won't be an easy day, it won't be as hard anymore either. Because my God is full of redemption even on the darkest of days. 


Obviously, I'd love for you to read my book. You can find it here: For I Know the Plans

If you live in the area and will be in town, I'd love for you to join me in celebrating this occasion.

August 9th, 2014 from 2:00pm-5:00pm at Rich Fork Baptist Church(MPB lobby).

Books will be available and I will be signing them there($10 a copy).

There will be cupcakes and other snacks along with a shoe cutting party for Sole Hope.

Buy the book and spread the word on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter (I'm on all three!).

Thanks again for reading, can't wait to see what you think about the book!

~Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment