Sunday, August 17, 2014

What's next?

"So what's next?"

I feel like I was just asking myself that question a couple of months ago concerning the publication of For I Know the Plans. And here we are today, over one hundred people have my book in their homes. That alone blows me away.

Here we are today and so many of you have read my book and recommended it to other people. It makes me SO excited and SO very thankful to my Jesus who has done all of this.

"There's still time in the summer to read one more book and this needs to be it. Not only to support a wonderful young lady in her writing debut, but to let God work on your heart in a BIG way. Read it but be prepared to be moved, to be touched, to be changed. To be amazed." (Words about my book from a friend at church.)

Less than than three months ago, I didn't think I'd have this book done before the beginning of the school year. Then God said, "Oh really? Watch THIS!" And He did so much in so little time- I am AMAZED by Him!

But in these last couple of days I've found myself asking the same question- what's next?

Book #1 is published and people are reading it.

This post is to let all of you know that yes, there is a book #2 coming! Tentatively titled, With All of Your Heart (continuing on with the Jeremiah 29:11-13 thing).

So many of you have gotten to the end of For I Know the Plans and said, "I just wished there was more!" Well, apparently I did, too because I'm working on the sequel.

The rough draft is getting there. It's at around 47,000 words (the final draft of book #1 was 56,000) and I'm absolutely loving this story. If you've fallen in love with the characters in the first book, I hope this second book will only make you love them more! There's lots in store for Chrissy in this next installment and I'm excited to share that with you.

Now. I've also had people ask me, "When????" The answer to that question...

I don't know. Though God did some incredible things, the last couple of months of editing For I Know the Plans were VERY stressful and frustrating for me. I want this experience of writing/editing my next book to be enjoyable and not rushed.

My hope for publication is this time next year. I say hope because it may be sooner...it may be later. I don't want to keep anyone waiting longer than necessary but I want this to be the best that it can be, not for my glory but for His.

I still have a lot of work left to do on this one...lots of editing and scene writing and plot developing. Being homeschooled, my mom has allowed me to incorporate 45 minutes of editing into my daily school schedule this year and I'm super excited about that.

All of this being said, I guess I'm really not sure what's next.

I know I'll be writing. I know I'll be doing school(officially a senior, by the way- WHAT?!). I also know that I'll be looking to Him for guidance in all of the decisions to be made. I'll be spending time in His Word and in His Presence.

But like I said a while back, while I may write other stories- this one isn't mine, it isn't for me. This story is His, it's for Him. He knows what's next and I rest in the comfort of that promise.

And while I rest, I write in hopes to glorify Him and see where this grand adventure of life will take me next.

~Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment